Review Detail

Color Me Crazy: Insanely Detailed Creations to Challenge Your Skills and Blow Your Mind
Art & Literature
by NCR Admin     August 13, 2015    
Miriam Knight
Overall rating 

Style 

Content 

Consciousness 

When I got this for review, I was intrigued and immediately searched the house for colored pencils to try it out. I couldn't find them and tried markers, but you really need sharpened pencils to have the control you need to cope with some of the the mind-blowingly intricate designs in the book. I then discovered that there is a whole genre of adult coloring books, and I'm not surprised. The concentration required to do a decent job of staying in the lines has just the right level of mindlessness to put one into a meditative state - rather like walking a labyrinth - and it is most therapeutic. The added bonus is that you can express your mood and artistic vision through your choice of colors, and have something to show for it afterwards. The individual pages come out cleanly if you want to frame your hard-earned masterpiece. So if you want to get in touch with your inner child, this is quite a fun way to do so.

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Ordering